- Business & Support Services
- Educational Services
- Career Technical Education
- Central Union Virtual Academy
- Data Reporting & Resources
- English Learner Program
- Instructional Support
- 2021 Summer PL Opportunity
- State and Federal Programs
- Special Education
- Summer School
- Human Resources/Payroll
- Nutrition Services
- Superintendents Office
- Technology Department
Greetings Students, Parents, Teachers, Staff and Community Members,
As we enter the final stretch of the school year, things will come to a close quickly. Seniors are already experiencing the end of school events with the picnic, pictures and scholarship applications. Juniors are getting ready for their senior year and all students are selecting classes for next year. Even the 8th graders in our feeder schools are getting ready to come to school in the Fall. Graduations are coming up on May 31 and June 1st, and we look forward to celebrating this year together.
I will be leaving the district at the end of June to take a new job as Superintendent in Murrieta Valley USD. It has been my pleasure to contribute to the goals and work of the District. Even in the face of the pandemic adversity, we have made progress, students graduated and new goals achieved. Below are links to our lists of Achievements for each year.
Our Board is actively working to recruit and select the next superintendent. We look forward to welcoming the next leader, just as I was greeted and welcomed to the community. See our Superintendent Search page to see all the latest.
Ward H. Andrus, Ed. D.
My Book List
"Not all readers are leaders, but all leaders are readers." Harry S. Truman
I am inspired by others' thinking and love to read their work. Here is what I am currently reading:
I recently read:
- Turn the Ship Around, by L. David Marquet
- Above Average by Todd Rose
- Measure What Matters by John Doer
- Together is Better by Simon Sniek
- Leaders Eat Last by Simon Sinek
- Good to Great, for Social Sectors by Jim Collins
- Drive by Daniel Pink
- Multipliers (2017) by Liz Wisemann
- Powerful by Patty McCord
- No Fail Meetings by Michael Hyatt
- The Advantage by Patrick Lencioni
- Leadership is Language by L. David Marquet
- Shattering Inequities by Robin Avelar La Salle and Ruth S. Johnson
- The Deepest Well, by Nadine Burke Harris
I am currently reading:
- The Governance Core by Davis Campbell and Michael Fullan
- We Belong by Laurie Barron and Patti Kenney
Scholarly Articles of Interest
Meandering Toward Graduation: How schools only some prepare students for College and Career.
The Opportunity Myth: How schools don't always provide grade level standards and instruction.
The Power of Transportable Skills: The "Soft Skills" that employers want in workers, and what we aspire to teach in schools.
From a Nation at Risk to A Nation at Hope: How schools that see students as a whole person succeed in preparing our next generation.