skip to main content

Central Union High School District

Committed to Excellence

Uniform Complaints

Uniform Complaint Process

Complaints must be initiated no later than six (6) months from the date when the alleged discrimination occurred or when the individual first obtained knowledge of the facts of the alleged discrimination. Investigation of alleged discrimination complaints shall be conducted in a manner that protects confidentiality of individuals and the facts. The District prohibits retaliatory behavior against any complainant or any participant in the complaint process. The initiation of a complaint will not reflect negatively on the student who initiates the complaint nor will it affect the student’s academic standing, rights or privileges.
Most complaints can be settled at the school.
  • Central Union High School – Craig Lyon, Principal at (760) 336-4300
  • Desert Oasis High School/Phoenix Rising – Fernando O’Campo, Principal at (760) 336- 4555 
  • Southwest High School – Matt Phillips, Principal at (760) 336-4290
  • Central Union Adult Education - Darrell Pechtl, Director at (760) 312-7050
If the complaint is not settled after mediation and/or investigation, you have the right to discuss your concerns with the District Officials:
District Officials
If the complaint is not settled after mediation and/or investigation with a District Official, you have the right to discuss your concerns with the Superintendent.
  • Complete the Uniform Complaint Form: English (Word)  English (PDF) Espanol (Word)  Espanol (PDF)
  • Submit the form to the Office of the Superintendent
  • The Superintendent acts as the District's Compliance Officer in most cases.
  • The Superintendent will investigate and seek to resolve the matter within 60 calendar days.
If the matter is not resolved with the Superintendent, you may go to the Governing Board, Child Protective Services, and/or law enforcement agencies including the U.S. Office for Civil Rights, which may also investigate. You must request a filing waiver from the U.S. Office for Civil Rights if the internal grievance procedure took longer than 180 days. The U.S. Office for Civil Rights also may be contacted directly to file complaints.

To file a complaint with the California Department Education, Office for Equity Opportunity, click here
To file a complaint with the United States Department of Education Office of Civil Right, click here