Safety Video: Classroom Safety Measures
Safety Video : Things you can see.
Safety Video: Things you can't see.
COVID19 Recovery Plan
In Person Learning (IPL) begins April 13, 2021.
- Distance Learning remains the same for the morning
- On-campus Learning Pods continue for the morning
- Attending the IPL sessions in the afternoon is voluntary
- The weekly schedule is open to all grade levels by content area (New IPL schedule on page 2, see the links below)
- Desert Oasis and Phoenix Rising have slightly different schedules
- Classes are limited to 15 students
- Students and staff must wear a mask/face covering and maintain social distancing
Daily Health Self Check- Frontline Health Portal
- Download the Front Line Health Portal app from your iTunes or Android store
- Each day, students and staff complete the health check and submit
- Save the daily badge as a photo.
- Show that photo at the entrance gates to speed the screening process up.
COVID 19 Safety Plan
Learning Continuity and Attendance Plan
The new State required Learning Continuity and Attendance Plan will be developed by the district with stakeholder input at various meetings. A public hearing will be conducted in September at the Board meeting and the plan approved by the Governing Board at a separate Board meeting no later than Sep 30th. Our public hearing is Sep 15th and plan approval is Sep 29th.
A "Think Tank" of teachers, administrators and counselors have explored all options for the fall semester and developed plans for various scenarios. The group has met many times since early May through this month. Both the ICOE and the California Department of Education provided additional guidance in early June. Some of these learning models are also contingent on how the state will fund schools and what will be allowable. We will begin school with Distance Learning for All. When conditions allow, we will have students return in small numbers. As we progress in our recovery, we will eventually return to all students at school.
The State is requiring schools to provide "Daily Live Interaction." This has many formats that include, but are not limited to video conferences, phone, and interactive message boards. Teachers will provide regular instruction and account for student participation for both attendance and grading purposes. Students are expected to participate in the daily live instruction as if they were attending schools in-person.
- All students now have a District provided Google Gmail account; they are necessary to access the Google Classrooms.
- The District will support teachers use of Google Classroom and Google Meet as the primary platform for learning.
- For parents and students that need help with these tools, click here.
- Any students needing a Chromebook or Myfi internet connection to BorderLink may contact their school to check one out.
- We will have a regular daily schedule each school day.
- Advisory Period is suspended for the year, but the time is distributed into the class periods
- Video Conference calls will follow the daily schedule.
- A portion of the classes will be live (synchronous) each day. Some of the classwork will be done independently (asynchronous).
- All Mondays will follow a minimum day schedule and will be Distance Learning Days for all students throughout the year or until all students are back on campus. Click here for the new School Year Calendar.
- Counselors, Administrators and other staff will support students that are struggling or need help.
- Tutoring Services will be available online.
This routine of daily live interaction is critical to establish a pattern of learning. This pattern will also transfer over to the blended model of learning where distance learning continues, but a group of students (about 25% per day up tp 50% per day depending on our phase of reopening) attend classes on campus following the same schedule they have online. This continuity of learning will help to establish the regular patterns of learning and growth.
All employees that are reporting to work, must complete the Daily Health Self Check useing the Frontline Health Portal app before coming to work.
Employees must wear a face mask when they cannot maintain 6 feet of physical distancing from others.
We have developed our COVID Safety Plan. As informaton and guidance is updated, the plan will be revised. It is found above.
What is coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19)?
- Shortness of breath.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.