"Committed to Excellence"
The Central Union High School District is committed to provide each student with a well-rounded educational program leading to college entrance and/or career paths which will foster economic independence and social responsibility in the twenty-first century.
The mission of the Central Union High School District is to provide an educational environment in which students feel safe, secure and unlimited in pursuing learning experiences to their maximum potential. We are committed to providing students with the encouragement and educational opportunities necessary to prepare them to become productive members of society. Our goal is to assure that all students receive a well-rounded education that emphasizes high academic and social standards, promotes healthy lifestyles, cultivates critical thinking and problem solving skills, develops technological literacy, provides for postsecondary and/or career preparation, and instills a desire for life-long learning.
Goals: (Areas of Emphasis)
Literacy - basic foundation skills in reading, writing and speaking.
Rigorous Academic Emphasis - world class standards, increased graduation requirements, etc.
Diverse Educational Experiences - exposure to multiple teaching, learning and cultural activities.
Technology/information Literacy - technological literacy for life and for a career.
Postsecondary/Career Preparation - opportunities for career information, exploration and skill development.
Central Union High School District operates on the following principles:
- All students have the capacity to learn and achieve and are expected to succeed.
- All students have a right to competent, caring teachers and administrators.
- All students have a right to high academic expectations.
- All students need basic knowledge and experiences to develop physically, cognitively, socially and ethically.
- All students have a right to the best school structure, learning climate, academic environment and resources the district can provide.