Learning Continuity and Attendance Plan
Community Meetings were August 11th and 25th in English and Spanish.
The links below are the slides and our YouTube Channel to see recorded meetings.
The District's LCA Plan is below:
The new State required Learning Continuity and Attendance Plan will be developed by the district with stakeholder input at various meetings. A public hearing will be conducted in September at the Board meeting and the plan approved by the Governing Board at separate Board meeting no later than Sep 30. Our public hearing is Sep 15th and plan approval is Sep 29.
A "Think Tank" of teachers, administrators and counselors have explored all options for the fall semester and developed plans for various scenarios. The group has met many times since early May through this month. Both the ICOE and the California Department of Education provided additional guidance in early June. Some of these learning models are also contingent on how the state will fund schools and what will be allowable. We will begin school with Distance Learning for All. When conditions allow, we will have students return in small numbers. As we progress in our recovery, we will eventually return to all students at school.
Daily Live Interaction
The State is requiring schools to provide "Daily Live Interaction." This has many formats that include, but are not limited to video conferences, phone, and interactive message boards. Teachers will provide regular instruction and account for student participation for both attendance and grading purposes. Students are expected to participate in the daily live instruction as if they were attending schools in-person.
- All students now have a District provided Google Gmail account; they are necessary to access the Google Classrooms.
- The District will support teachers use of Google Classroom and Google Meet as the primary platform for learning.
- For parents and students that need help with these tools, click here.
- Any students needing a Chromebook or Myfi internet connection to BorderLink may contact their school to check one out.
- We will have a regular daily schedule each school day.
- Advisory Period is suspended for the year, but the time is distributed into the class periods
- Video Conference calls will follow the daily schedule.
- A portion of the classes will be live (synchronous) each day. Some of the classwork will be done independently (asynchronous).
- All Mondays will follow a minimum day schedule and will be Distance Learning Days for all students throughout the year or until all students are back on campus. Click here for the new School Year Calendar.
- Counselors, Administrators and other staff will support students that are struggling or need help.
- Tutoring Services will be available online.
This routine of daily live interaction is critical to establish a pattern of learning. This pattern will also transfer over to the blended model of learning where distance learning continues, but a group of students (about 25% per day up tp 50% per day depenmding on our phase of reopening) attend classes on campus following the same schedule they have online. This continuity of learning will help to establish the regular patterns of learning and growth.
Health and Well-Being
Mental health is important to all of us. In these uncertian times, it is easy to feel anxious and worried. This can lead to depresion also make us physically ill. If you need help, see the links below for help.